This is the day for sales!
Another one of my faves is having a sale on HauteLook.com right now!
See what goodies you can get from Urban Decay!
Beautiful On The Inside And Out
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent mine relaxing with the BF and some of our very close friends. I happened to have a wonderful dining experience at a beautiful restaurant in NYC called Rouge Tomate that I would love to tell you about. It is actually part of the Green Restaurant Association and practices a great philosophy in addressing social and environmental issues. They get all their food sources from local farmers and have an amazing selection of non- and alcoholic juices from their in-house juice bar. The food tastes so fresh and you definitely don’t leave feeling bogged down and disgusting.
Not only was the restaurant great, but the company we spent it with was just as amazing as well. I had the pleasure of meeting the wife of one of my boyfriend’s business associates who actually is the heart of this post today. At the end of our lovely meal, this wonderful woman pulled out two little sachets as a gift to both my boyfriend and myself. She mentioned that she always makes a little gift for people she knows she is meeting for the first time. I was so touched by her selfless act that I just had to tell you all about it here on BCB. Inside our sachets was hand made jewelry that she had created herself and a beautiful piece made of larimar stone. Larimar is a rare stone found only in the Dominican Republic and represents peace and clarity, emitting an energy of healing and love. It a beautiful stone and I will always remember this beautiful woman for it.
Now throughout our dinner we carried on many conversations but one that stuck out in particular was what this lovely woman did for her own skin. I wish I had a picture to show you but this older woman did not have a single wrinkle on her face! She had gorgeously healthy looking skin. She told us a story about this 60 year old woman she had met when she was younger who looked no older than 25. She asked the woman what her secret was and the woman told her olive oil. From then on, my new friend used olive oil on her face daily! Little did she know that olive oil truly is a beauty secret that has been around for centuries.
Here are some different ways olive oil (a natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory) can give you an all over beauty treatment:
- Mix ¼ cup of virgin olive oil (to hydrate and protect the skin) with 1 egg white (to nourish and tighten the skin) and apply the mixture as a mask to the face and neck to help smooth, tighten, and hydrate.
- Mix 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil (to loosen layers of dead skin) and ¼ cup of sugar to slough away rough spots like the elbows and knees. Can also be used with a coarse salt all over the body to tone and stimulate the skin, while keeping it hydrated.
- Pure olive oil can be used to keep hair soft and tangle free by applying to the hair and scalp and left overnight. Follow with a great shampoo the next morning for frizz free locks.
- Take care of neglected tootsies by dipping your feet into warm olive oil for a few minutes and buffing them with coarse salt, and rinse.
- Apply olive oil all over to soften dry, irritated skin and to treat sunburns after spending a day at the beach
- For a quick treatment to tame frizzy hair and fly-aways, apply a few drops to your hands and comb through hair with your fingers.
Until next time everyone… xoxo